Five Questions for the Aniblogger Interrogation Game!
Super late in the game but I hadn’t even noticed this post until I read Façade’s article. I was tagged so here it goes.
1. What is it that led you to become an aniblogger?
I’m already a creative writing major and a huge anime fan so it seemed like common sense to smash the two together. Also, as I continued watching anime/reading manga I realized I had a lot of strong opinions (former debate team member lol) and wanted to share them. Thus, my blog.
2. How many times can you recall where an anime or anime scene made you think “WTF”?
Um, this question could be an entire blog of its own. There are so many WTF anime moments. It’s sort of a…culture shock thing I guess. Off the top of my head? The first scene in Elfen Lied. I had no idea what that show was about and was not warned in advance. Also, in Elfen Lied where they paired off the cousins. That was my first introduction to incest in anime…which I would later learn there is a lot of.
Yeah, this is so totally me…
3. If you could be an anime/manga character, who would it be?
Ah, that’s a tough one! Kallen from Code Geass is awesome and her life is pretty exciting. I also want to say Tohru Honda (without the tragic my mother died occurrence) because she spends all day surrounded by pretty boys who like her ;). Then again, I’d like to be Princess Euphemia (without the part where *spoiler* I go on a killing spree and then die myself) because I am in love with Suzaku and her clothes are pretty. There are so many awesome female characters but so many tragic stories. Lol. Do I have to pick just one? If I had to I’d say a female Pokemon Trainer. Who can’t say their dream is to have a Pokemon journey?
4. Which means of viewing do you prefer, subbed anime or dubbed anime or do you speak Japanese? I so wish I could speak Japanese and watch the original anime! But I only know really basic phrases. I like both, but prefer dubs (gasp!). Because watching subs makes me feel left out of the loop, like I’m in on the program but not really there. Also when I have to stare at the captions the entire time I can’t focus on what’s going on. But honestly, I’ve watched and enjoyed both.
5. Finally, which anime/manga do you consider to be worth someone’s time?
I’m going to completely bypass Code Geass and Death Note so that I don’t sound like a broken record and go ahead and say Yosuga no Sora (which is what I plan to blog about next). It’s a really beautiful, controversial story about siblings who fall in love. It seems trashy from just reading summaries and reviews but if you actually watch the show I don’t think it disappoints. As for manga I’d say Neon Genesis Evangelion. It’s better than the anime.
Since the game was considered closed I won’t tag or write up new questions.